Dear readers, it has been several months since I last updated this page, and I was beginning to wonder if I would ever have the time to write again. But opera is my addiction, and I just can't stay away. So now I'm back and ready to start writing again. I am, however, currently in the office pretending to work, so I will be brief.
I should have written this post a week ago, but I didn't, so better late than never, I guess. Anyway, last week the Metropolitan Opera's Summer Encore series started with a bang, when they screened that marvelous performance of Carmen that stars Elina Garanca. The summer series will continue tonight with a showing of Il Trovatore that is NOT TO BE MISSED!!! I'm serious. Don't miss it. This performance was originally broadcast 2 years ago, and stars the four current Verdian powerhouses, Marcello Alvarez, Sondra Radvanovsky, Dolora Zajick, and Dmitri Hvorostovsky. And it will knock your socks off. So make sure you're at your local participating theater tonight at 7:00. Seriously.
Other performances being shown this summer will include The Barber of Seville, La Traviata, Armida, and Turandot. It promises to be a great encore season, and I hope to see as many of you there as possible.
Ciao for now, and I'll see you all in Operaland.
I should have written this post a week ago, but I didn't, so better late than never, I guess. Anyway, last week the Metropolitan Opera's Summer Encore series started with a bang, when they screened that marvelous performance of Carmen that stars Elina Garanca. The summer series will continue tonight with a showing of Il Trovatore that is NOT TO BE MISSED!!! I'm serious. Don't miss it. This performance was originally broadcast 2 years ago, and stars the four current Verdian powerhouses, Marcello Alvarez, Sondra Radvanovsky, Dolora Zajick, and Dmitri Hvorostovsky. And it will knock your socks off. So make sure you're at your local participating theater tonight at 7:00. Seriously.
Other performances being shown this summer will include The Barber of Seville, La Traviata, Armida, and Turandot. It promises to be a great encore season, and I hope to see as many of you there as possible.
Ciao for now, and I'll see you all in Operaland.
No comments:
Post a Comment